The Board of Directors unanimously adopted the following reolution on July 10, 2013 relative to the Harley Clarke Mansion:
The Board of Directors of Central Street Neighbors Association opposes the sale of the Harley Clarke Mansion and public park land and further resolves and declares that:
- We oppose any sale of public park land or beachfront property to private interests, especially one that would deprive or limit the public use and enjoyment of the land;
- We oppose any change of “open space” zoning to commercial zoning;
- We support the call of the City’s Comprehensive Plan for more park land and open space in Evanston;
- We support the public use, ownership and conservation of the park, beach and Harley Clarke Mansion at Lighthouse Beach, all of which are priceless public assets, as recommended in the Evanston Lakefront Master Plan of 2008; and,
- We call for a transparent public process with full public participation and discussion on all proposals to transfer, change or limit ownership or use of Evanston parks and lakefront.